FENTY BEAUTY By Rihanna
Social media was set ablaze early September as Rihanna broke the internet for the long awaited release of the superstar’s very own make up collection. She is well known for her flawless and decadent make up and her amazing use of nude hues. Finally, her fans and make up enthusiasts can achieve her look.
The line was launched on the 8th of September and is said to be flying off store counters and online orders. This make up line is especially popular because it consists of 40 different shades of Pro Filt’r foundation across the skin colour spectrum. This is a hit among women of colour as they often struggle to find shades that match their natural skin tones. According to reports, some stores are struggling to keep up with the demand of darker hues because some women are buying in bulk.
Besides the phenomenal Pro Filt’r foundations, the collection includes;
Invisimatte blotting paper that apparently doubles as rolling paper (very Rihanna!)
- 6 shades of Killawatt highlighter: weightless, longwear cream-powder hybrid highlighters.
- 30 shades of Match Stix: different colour matte and metallic skin sticks.
- Invisimatte blotting powder: a universal blotting powder that absorbs shine and diffuses the look of pores for an instant filtered look on the fly.
- Invisimatte Blotting paper refill
- Gloss Bomb lip luminizer: The ultimate, gotta-have-it lip gloss with explosive shine that feels as good as it looks—in one universal rose nude shade.
- A full bodied foundation brush: A medium-density liquid foundation brush
- A cheek hugging highlight brush: on-the-go blotting powder brush that conveniently attaches to the bottom of its touch-up partner,
- A precision make up sponge: A 3-sided, latex-free makeup sponge perfect for applying and blending all formulas
- A portable contour and concealer brush: retractable contour and concealer brush that attaches to your favourite Match Stix Matte Skin stick for seamless sculpting and blending
- A portable highlighter brush: An expertly chiselled highlighter brush that “hugs” cheeks for an effortless glow
- A portable touch up brush: on-the-go blotting powder brush that conveniently attaches to the bottom of its touch-up partner
- Instant Retouch Primer: A shine-stopping, pore-diffusing primer.
The line ranges from $10 to $54 and unlike all the other celebrity make up collections it has mainly gathered good reviews so far. Everyone is pleased with how it luminates the skin and deem that it is well worth the money. Make sure to fill your cart as soon as your favourite online store has the line available. We sure are looking forward to it. Be sure to check out www.fentybeauty.com for mini tutorials and faves from Rihanna.
“Fenty Beauty was created for everyone: For women of all shades, personalities, attitudes, cultures, and races. I wanted everyone to feel included, that’s the reason I made this line.” Rihanna
By: Masego Mohwasa