From a Man’s Kitchen
A place where food is created can never be dreadful and seeing as November is Men’s month, I wanted to demonstrate just how true this statement is by letting you into a bachelor’s refrigerator. I asked a few friends of mine to send me a list of what they have in their kitchen and challenged myself to make a decent meal out of what they had at that present moment.
Needless to say, the responses I got were all different, some hilarious and some very thought-provoking. I settled on a list with the least number of ingredients from a young architect living a fast paced demanding lifestyle. On his list was:
- And OROS
Deep breath!! I assumed these are some of his favourite things so I thought to myself what better way to enjoy them all at once – so salad it is!
BACON AND CHEESE RANCH SALAD
How to make it edible:
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water, set aside.
- Fry or bake bacon and chop into bits, set aside.
- Combine chopped carrots and olives, add pasta and toss together, add sour cream, dressing mix, and dijon mustard, stir well.**
- Add bacon bits and mayonnaise, stir again.
- Toss in Cheddar Cheese(optional), and serve.
** Step 3 is where you can get creative in terms of what you have in your fridge. Substitutes are a great way to experiment, try boiling some frozen veggies and adding those instead, a sprinkle of black pepper also doesn’t hurt. If you are not sure what sour cream or dressing mix is, just skip to step 4. Trust me.
And there you have it -a bowl of creamy tastiness. Pour your guest and yourself a glass of that chilled white wine (and/or OROS) and enjoy!
Email email@example.com for more tips on how to make the most of what you have.
By: Betsi Thamane